In order to standardize the abstract layout, we kindly ask you to read the guidelines carefully.
- Abstracts may be submitted only via internet. Abstracts submitted via fax or email will not be accepted.
- Abstract Submission Opening: Thursday, 07 December 2023
- Abstract Submission Deadline: Monday, 22 January 2024, 10:00 CET.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English, presentations of accepted abstracts may be held English as well.
- Your abstract will be published as submitted
- Please make sure that name, email and postal address of all corresponding authors are complete and correct.
- Please structure your abstract using the following headings for original scientific work: Introduction, Method, Results, Conclusion
- Clarity of expression will be considered in the review process. The overall quality of language used should ensure comprehension by the reader
- The abstract text may not be longer than 300 words (including spaces, excluding authors’ names and title).
- Abstracts must contain original material neither published nor presented in Switzerland prior to 29 May 2024.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts an investigator may submit. Investigators should not submit the same research. Abstracts that appear to be replicate versions of a single study may be rejected.
- Please limit the number of authors listed to those who have substantially contributed to the abstract (maximum of 15, if you need to indicate more, please contact us via e-mail). If authors’ names appear on more than one abstract, their names must appear and be Deadline for submission of abstracts: Tuesday, 16 January 2024, 23:59 CET spelled identically on each abstract in order to facilitate proper indexing. Wherever possible, do not list authors with initials only. Enter every author’s name into a separate field for indexing. For each author the institution should be declared.
- Do not use abbreviations in the title. Limit their use to commonly used abbreviations and expand all abbreviations at first mention.
- Tables, charts and other graphics are permitted (max. 2) and must be in JPG or GIF format and in high resolution.
- After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by email with the reference number of your abstract and title of your abstract. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact us immediately via email.
- Abstracts will be subject to a blind peer review. Only the review board1 will be unblinded.
- The format of presentation will be decided on by the scientific committee based on the quality of the abstracts submitted.
- The presenting author will be informed from mid March 2024 by email on the decision of the scientific committee (please make sure to state your correct email address). The presenting author should be the submitting author.
- Presenting authors of accepted abstracts must register for the conference and attend in-person for the presentation.
Please carefully select the topic under which you submit your abstract for review. A review board delegated by the scientific committee will verify the correct allocation of abstracts and may reallocate your abstract prior to the review process if placed incorrectly
- Infections, cystic fibrosis/non-CF bronchiectasis, lung transplantation
- Interstitial/rare lung diseases, pulmonary vascular disease
- Obstructive lung diseases, allergy, lung function & sports pneumology
- Respiratory sleep medicine, ventilation & oxygen
- Thoracic interventions/surgery, oncology
Authors will be informed from mid March 2024 by email on the decision of the scientific committee (please make sure to state your correct email address). Detailed information on installation and presentation of ePosters and oral presentations will be mailed directly to presenting authors of accepted abstracts. Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to present if accepted. Submission of an abstract constitutes agreement with publication of the abstract if accepted for presentation (see below). The presenting author should be the submitting author.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the online supplement of the Respiration Journal. By sending abstracts, authors consequently agree to allow the affiliated societies to publish the accepted abstracts and/or use the material for promotion of activities or future events. Promotion is mainly by - but not limited to - sharing over different social media platforms. Social media platforms include - but are not limited to: Congress website, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram. You are allowed to publish your work only after your material has been posted or published as defined above.
The best abstracts will be awarded a prize. The scientific committee wishes to reward mainly younger scientists. A limit is therefore set at 40 years of age. Accomplished and experienced scientists are kindly asked to negate the question “Do you want your abstract to be considered for prize evaluation?”.