In order to standardize the abstract layout, we kindly ask you to read the guidelines carefully.
1. Abstracts for Topic 8 "Sleep medicine: clinical and basic (other than pneumology)“ may be submitted only via email (email@example.com)
2. Abstracts must be submitted in English and presentations of accepted abstracts may be held in English as well.
3. Your abstract will be printed as submitted.
4. Please make sure that name, email and postal address of corresponding author are complete and correct.
5. Please structure your abstract using the following headings for original scientific work
6. Clarity of expression will be considered in the review process. The overall quality of language used should assure comprehension by the reader.
7. The abstract text may not be longer than 300 words (including spaces, excluding authors’ names and title).
8. Abstracts must contain original material neither published nor presented in Switzerland prior to March 2022.
9. There is no limit to the number of abstracts an investigator may submit. Investigators should not submit the same research. Abstracts that appear to be replicate versions of a single study may be rejected.
10. Please limit the number of authors listed to those who have substantially contributed to the abstract. If authors’ names appear on more than one abstract, their names must appear and be spelled identically on each abstract in order to facilitate proper indexing. Wherever possible, do not list authors with initials only. Enter every author’s name into a separate field for indexing. For each author the institution and – if possible – the working group should be declared.
11. Do not use abbreviations in the title. Limit their use to commonly used abbreviations and expand all abbreviations at first mention.
12. Tables, charts and other graphics are permitted (max. 2) and must be in JPG or GIF format, of high resolution and in black and white.
15. The format of presentation will be decided on by the scientific committee based on the quality of the abstracts submitted.
16. Authors will be informed from mid-February 2022 by email on the decision of the scientific committee (please make sure to state your correct email address). Detailed information on installation and presentation of posters and oral presentations will be mailed directly to authors of accepted abstracts. Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to present if accepted. Submission of an abstract constitutes agreement with publication of the abstract if accepted for presentation (see below). The presenting author should be the submitting author.
17. Presenting authors of accepted abstracts must register for the conference.
18. Abstracts submitted by employees of pharmaceutical or medtech or other for profit organizations will not be considered and should not be submitted.